Thursday, March 30, 2006

Plagiarism!



OK, I've got a juicy tidbit from the stem cell conference and it's more about human nature than about stem cells themselves. This morning, I received an e-mail from a scientist, completely unknown to me. He said that he had read an article of mine from 2002 and pointed me to another website that he thought would be of interest. When I visited the website, I was floored! It turns out that a scientific group in India has plagiarized my entire article of 2002. They copied it word-for-word (along with my illustrations) slapped their own names on the manuscript (in place of mine) and got it published in the Indian Journal of Ophthalmology! This has to be the worst case of plagiarism that I have ever seen in my professional career. Needless to say, I've contacted the editors-in-chief of both journals and will follow through to ensure that the fraudulent article is retracted.

Meanwhile, I leave you with a scene of a flowered clock from my visit to Vancouver.

7 comments:

not_over_it said...

Get 'em, doc!

eyedoc333 said...

You bet, NOI!

I've also spoken with an ethicist here at the stem cell conference. She advised me to contact the Indian Academy of Sciences, as well.

Carl said...

Oh, I'm sorry my dear...I t'ought dat said "Copied right 2002"...please to forgive mine...

KEvron said...

"another website that he thought would be of interest."

uh, bub? link?!

KEvron

eyedoc333 said...

Linkie is classified. Too much info for this venue, if you get my drift. ;)

not_over_it said...

I've seen some of doc's work!
*does super happy ha-ha dance*
Uh, it wasn't me, I swear!

Elderta said...

Whoa... glad you caught that. Can't wait to hear the conclusion!